In order to drive a vehicle in traffic, the driver needs a driver's license in accordance with state regulations. In case of operating a vehicle (motorcycle, car) without a driver's license, an administrative fine from VND 1.000.000 to VND 5.000.000 will be imposed.
Therefore, if you have a driver's license but have lost or damaged it, you can proceed with the procedure to apply for a license again to meet state regulations when participating in traffic. The following article provides detailed instructions on how to redo it driver's license A1, let's refer!
1 Step 1: Prepare a Lost and Lost A1 Driver's License Application Document
Circular 12/2017/TT-BGTVT stipulating the application for re-issuance of A1 license on a case-by-case basis:
License A1 with expiry date or overdue less than 3 months:
- An application form for issue/change of a lost or damaged A1 driver's license in accordance with the legal form.
- Original records compatible with lost, blurred A1 driver's licenses.
- Notarized copy of identity document (valid citizen ID/ID card/passport).
After 2 months from the time of submitting the application, paying the fee and taking photos, if the driver's license is not found by the competent authority, whose name is in the test dossier, a new license is allowed.
License A1 is overdue for 3 months or more:
If the driver's license is overdue for 3 months, is listed in the test file, and the driver's license is not seized by the competent authority, it is necessary to submit a complete application as prescribed and take the test as follows:
- Overdue from 3 months to 1 year: take the theory test.
- Overdue for 1 year or more: participate in theory and practice tests.
The test dossier set includes the following documents:
- Notarized copy of identity document (citizen identity card/national identity card/passport with a valid date).
- Application form for issue/change of A1 driver's license lost or damaged.
- The original document of the original A1 license is lost or damaged.
Time to issue A1 driver's license does not exceed 10 days from the time of completion of the test.
In case there is no original record of A1 driver's license:
If the subject who needs to re-issue the A1 license, loses the original documents but still has the driver's license (false), the application will be re-issued and a new license will be issued. At this time, the application for re-issuance of a driving license needs to replace the original A1 driver's license with the declaration of the cause of the loss of the original record, a copy of the original license.
In case the driver no longer has both the license and the original record, they must re-test both practice and theory.
2 Step 2: Submit Application for Re-issuance of Lost, Damaged A1 Driver's License
In case of direct application:
According to regulations, the agency that directly receives applications for driver's license reissuance is the Department of Transport or Vietnam Road Administration. The vehicle driver takes photos directly and presents the set of documents according to stated regulations to the Department receiving and returning documents.
In HCM, you can go to the following addresses to submit your application (list updated in 2023):
- 252 Ly Chinh Thang, Ward 9, District 3.
- 8 Nguyen Anh Thu, Trung My Tay Ward, District 12.
- 111 Tan Son Nhi, Tan Son Nhi Ward, Tan Phu District.
In case of online application:
If you want to submit your painting application online, you can access the National Public Service Portal and follow the instructions: https://dichvucong.gov.vn/p/home/dvc-trang-chu.html
3 Step 3: Pay the License Reissue Fee
When submitting documents to a competent state agency, the person applying for a driver's license must pay the fee according to Circular 37/2023/TT-BTC:
- Fee for re-issuance: 135.000 VND/time.
- Exam fee: 60.000 VND/time for theory, 70.000 VND/time for practice.
Theo Circulars 63 / 2023 / TT-BTC, since December 01, 12 to the end of January 2023, 31, if you submit your application online, the driver's license reissuance fee is reduced to 115.000 VND/time.
4 Step 4: Get Lost and Lost A1 Driver's License Re-issuance Result
After completing the application and taking the test (if any), the applicant will go to the application agency according to the appointment letter to receive a new driving license.
- In case the driver's license is lost, after 02 months from the date of submitting complete documents, if it is not discovered that the driver's license is confiscated and processed by competent authorities and is included in the records of the supervisory authority. If you fail, your driver's license will be reissued.
- The time to reissue a driver's license is 5 working days.
* If a Motorcycle Driver's License is Lost, Damaged, or Blurred, Will I Be Penalized If I Reissue It?
According to regulations in Decree 100/2019/ND-CP, motorbike drivers without a driver's license will be fined:
- 1.000.000 VND to 2.000.000 VND with motorbikes under 175 cm3 and similar vehicles.
- 4.000.000 VND to 5.000.000 VND with motorbikes over 175 cm3, 3-wheeled motorbike.
Thus, if you have a lost, damaged, or blurred motorbike driver's license and do not apply for a replacement, when participating in traffic, if checked by the authorities, you may be fined for not having a driver's license. car.
In case your motorbike driver's license is damaged or blurred but the information can still be identified, you will not be fined but will be required to renew your driver's license.
Just a detailed guide for the procedures and fees for renewing a lost or damaged A1 driver's license in HCM for your reference. If you still have questions or want assistance in applying for an A1 driver's license, contact the City Driver Training Center immediately. Ho Chi Minh for more specific advice.
Specializing in the field of Driver training and driving license test types, the center confidently supports and solves cases related to license exams and re-issuance of driver's licenses of all kinds (motorcycles, cars). Professional, dedicated and fast working process. Good service fee, competitive compared to the general market. Contact us now!