To improve the quality of driver training and ensure traffic safety, the Ministry of Transport has made it mandatory to apply DAT . device on driving trainers from June 15, 6. So what is a DAT device? What is the function of the DAT device in the driving test? Let's explore through the following article!
1 What is DAT Run?
Based on Section 1.3.1 QCVN 105:2020/BGTVT, DAT is an electronic device that monitors driving distance and time installed on cars to record, store, authenticate and transmit relevant information during the process of teaching and learning driving practice.
So, run DAT which means students practice driving on the road with the supervision of a DAT device.
Some regulations on which DAT devices are based Clause 1, Article 1, Circular 04/2022/TT-BGTVT as follows:
- DAT data is identification information and driving practice journeys, transmitted from the DAT device to the driver training unit.
- DAT management data is identification information and driving practice journeys, transmitted from the driver training unit to the Vietnam Road Administration.
- A DAT information system is a system used to collect, store, process and analyze DAT data.
- DAT information system includes the following components: DAT device, server, software.
2 The Function of the DAT Device in the Most Detailed Driving Test
During the driving test, the DAT device has the following functions:
Update activity status and information
The DAT device must self-check startup activities and throughout the vehicle operation process in terms of telecommunications signals, GNSS, connection to the server, data storage memory, camera activities, log in and log out activities. of students and teachers and shows signals with sounds, lights and screens.
In addition, the device also displays related information such as student information (ID, course code, student name, teacher...), practice time (distance and driving time), distance Roads need to practice against the law.
Receive information from students and instructors when there are changes
Instructors and students need to use cards or fingerprints to log in and out of the DAT device system. When logging in or out, the DAT device will save the time and location (coordinates) of where the student or practitioner was. Only log in and log out in case the vehicle is stopped.
Check and verify learner identity
Through cameras, DAT has the ability to recognize and authenticate learners' identities by face. The device records time, coordinates, and verification results every 5 minutes.
DAT sends out warning signals through the display or flashing LED lights in certain cases or:
- Student information via fingerprint or card does not match the face of the person driving.
- Hardware error: camera, memory, mobile telecommunications signal.
- Lost connection to the server.
Collect and store student practice data
The basic information that the DAT device needs to record and store includes:
- Information about students and instructors: teacher identification information (fingerprint/ card code), student (fingerprint/ card code/ face); time and coordinates of the practice session at the beginning and end; total time and distance of practice that students accumulate each day.
- Information on driving practice journey: Vehicle journeys are recorded no more than 30 seconds/time and stored; face authentication results; Login and logout images.
Transmit driving practice information to the server
The data collected and stored by the DAT device will be transferred to the server system with a frequency of no more than 5 minutes/time. If the information transmission line to the server has a problem, all collected data must be sent immediately after the transmission line returns to normal.
3 Regulations Related to the Installation of DAT Devices on Cars
DAT devices are mandatory on all cars used for driving lessons and practice from June 15, 6.
The installed DAT equipment must meet the following conditions:
- Has the function of recording, storing, authenticating and transmitting mandatory information according to regulations.
- Able to connect to mobile devices or computers to transmit and receive data.
- Inspected and issued a certificate of technical safety and environmental protection by competent authorities.
Mandatory requirements when installing DAT equipment on vehicles:
- The necessary installation location is where students and teachers can see the display screen, indicator lights and instruction manuals.
- The camera capturing images of the student needs to be located in a position that can clearly capture the entire face of the person participating in driving the vehicle while still ensuring safety and not obstructing or blocking the driver's vision.
- The DAT user manual needs to include: contact information for the DAT equipment supplier, how to log in/out of the device, DAT's operating status through signaling and signals.
Job Install DAT equipment on cars is an important regulation to improve the quality of driver training and ensure traffic safety. Driving training facilities, driving instructors and students need to seriously implement regulations related to the installation of DAT equipment.
Hope the article What is DAT running? Function of DAT device in driving test will be useful to you. If you have a demand Additional driver assistance, car driving test, Change your driver's license to a PET card... please contact Ho Chi Minh Driving Training Center for more specific advice.