Based on Article 17 TT12/2017/TT - The transportation: only types equal to A1, A2, A3 have no expiry date. All other degrees are valid for a certain period of time. Using an expired license when participating in traffic can be administratively sanctioned and the vehicle confiscated for 7 days.
So is it difficult to change B1 driver's license? What is the exchange procedure and cost? Today's post, City Driving Test & Training Center. Ho Chi Minh City will provide readers with the necessary information about exchanging with B1, stay tuned.
Expiration Date For Class B1 Driver's License
- For men: full 60 years old.
- For female: full 55 years old.
In case a female driver is over 55 years old and a male driver is over 60 years old, a class B1 driver's license is granted for a period of 10 years from the date of issue.
If your driver's license is expired:
- If the driver's license is out of date for less than 3 months, the driver will be considered for re-issuance of a new driving license.
- In case the driver's license is overdue from more than 3 months to less than 1 year, the driver is required to take the theory test again.
- In case the driver's license is overdue for 1 year or more, the driver is required to retake both the theory and practical tests.
To avoid being forced to take the test again, when the driver's license is about to expire, the driver needs to prepare documents to apply for a replacement driver's license as soon as possible.
Suggested references: Procedures & Fees for Expired Class B2 Driver's License
Procedure and Fee for Renewal of Driver's License B1
Step 1: Prepare documents
Pursuant to the content specified in Article 38 of Circular 12/2017/TT - Ministry of Transport, the application file for renewal of a B1 driver's license that is about to expire includes the following documents:
- Application form for renewal of driving license according to current regulations (GPLX).
- Health certificate of the driver of the vehicle, issued by a competent medical facility.
- Photo: The driver will be photographed right at the application point, or some application points may accept pre-made photos with a white background.
Other documents to prepare:
In case the driver is a Vietnamese citizen, a copy of the driver's license, ID card/CCCD or valid passport (with ID number or CCCD card number is required).
In case the driver is a foreigner or a Vietnamese residing abroad, a copy of the valid passport is required.
Step 2: Submit your application
Dossiers for renewal of class B1 driver's license must be submitted at the Directorate for Roads of Vietnam or the Department of Transport where the driver's license was previously issued. You can choose reputable driver license exchange services to save time on procedures.
Step 3: Fees
Based on the content specified in Circular 188/2016/TT - Ministry of Finance, the fee for renewal of driving license is 135.000 VND/time.
Step 4: Get the result
The driver will receive the results after no more than 5 working days, counting from the time the record is recorded.
**So, in case the B1 driver's license is expired for more than 3 months - what is the re-test package fee?
At the City Driving Test & Training Center. In Ho Chi Minh City, the package fee for re-examination of an expired Class B1 driver's license is:
In the case of a driver's license issued by the City. HCM issued:
- B1 degree overdue from 3 months to 1 year: 1.5 million package (re-test theory).
- B1 degree overdue for more than 1 year: 2.5 million package (retest theory and practice).
Driver's license issued by other Provinces and Cities:
- B1 degree overdue from 3 months to 1 year: 1.8 million package (re-test theory).
- B1 degree overdue for more than 1 year: 2.8 million package (retest theory and practice).
City Driving Test & Training Center. HCM – Renewal Service, Expired Driver License Granting Prestige In HCM
If you are looking for a place to advise and provide services on the latest B1 license change or upgrade procedure, the City Driving Test & Training Center. HCM is a reputable unit for you.
Established in 2006, up to now, with more than 15 years of development, the center has successfully trained, awarded and exchanged degrees for thousands of students and customers.
With a wide system throughout the city. Ho Chi Minh City includes: 1 headquarter office and 6 branches, with 30 apprentice pick-up points and a 24/7 support hotline for free consultation, the center is confident to bring you great service experiences. and as convenient as possible.
- Dedicated, enthusiastic advice to help customers complete the fastest procedure.
- All-inclusive cost, no extra charge.
- The time of organizing the test, granting the degree is clear and committed on time.
- Modern facilities, experienced teachers, ensure the quality of theoretical and practical training..
Hope the article has provided you with useful information about procedures and costs to change the expired B1 driver's license. If you have any questions about the procedure for changing driver's licenses, you can contact the City Driving Test & Training Center. HCM for the fastest advice and support!
>>> Suggestions for reference: Teaching car driving license b1 hcm