When the driver's license expires, many drivers are confused about how to change the driver's license, how to change the license, especially bus and passenger car drivers who require an E-class license. The delay in changing the expired driver's license significantly affects the driver's daily work.
Therefore, City Driving Test & Training Center. Ho Chi Minh City will share “all” necessary information about Procedures and fees for changing an expired class E driver's license according to the law. We invite you to read along.
Expiry Date of Class E Driver's License
Article 17 – Circular 12/2017/TT-BGTVT Regulations on the validity period of motor vehicle driving licenses issued by Vietnam are as follows:
- Driving licenses of classes A1, A2, A3 have a permanent validity period.
- A4 class driver's license is valid for 10 years.
- Class B1 driver's license is valid for men up to 60 years old, for women up to 55 years old. If the driver is male over 50 years old, female over 45 years old, the driving license is valid for 10 years from the date of issue.
- Class B2 driver's license is valid for 10 years.
- Class C, D, and E driver's licenses are valid for 5 years. If the driver of class E is a man who is full 55 years old, and a female driver who is full 50 years old and wishes to continue driving, he or she will be able to change the driver's license of class D or below.
Thus, when you are the driver of passenger cars, buses or cars with over 30 seats, your Class E driver's license is valid for 5 years. After 5 years from the date of issuance of the license, you need to quickly go to the Department of Transport or the Driving Test Center to change the expired driver's license.
Suggested references: Service of Raising Driver's License Seal C to E
Why Change Expired Class E Driver's License?
Changing a slow-expiring driver's license requires retaking the driving test
Clause 3 – Article 36 – Circular 12/2017/TT-BGTVT Regulations: Drivers whose driver's license is overdue for more than 3 months will have to take the driving test again before being re-issued with a driver's license.
- If the driver's license is overdue for 3 months - 1 year, the driver must take the theory test again.
- If the driver's license is overdue for 1 year or more, the driver must retake both the theory and practical tests.
Penalties for driving a vehicle with an expired driver's license
According to Decree 123/2021/ND-CP Government promulgated effective from January 01, 01, has severely increased the penalty for using an overdue driver's license, specifically:
- A fine of VND 5-7 million will be imposed on vehicle drivers who use their driver's license overdue for less than 3 months.
- A fine of between VND 10-12 million for vehicle operators without a driver's license or using a driver's license overdue for more than 3 months.
Thus, compared to the past, the penalty for using an overdue driver's license has increased significantly. Therefore, if you own an E-class driver's license, you need to pay attention to the expiry date to change the license in time.
Procedure for Changing Expired Class E Driver's License
Conditions to change the expired class E driver's license
Clause 2 – Article 52 – Circular No. 46/2012/TT-BGTVT said: the condition to change the expired Hang E driver's license is 3 months from the date the driver's license is overdue. In these 3 months, you can completely renew your expired driver's license without having to retake the driving test.
In addition, according to the regulations on driving age at Point E – Clause 1 – Article 60 of the Road Traffic Law 2008, the maximum age of drivers of passenger cars with over 30 seats is 50 years old for women and 55 years old for women. age for men. Thus, if the person who changes the class E driver's license is a man who is full 55 years old or a woman who is full 50 years old, he cannot change his class E license anymore but will be considered for a driver license of D class or below.
Dossier to change the expired class E driver's license
According to Article 38 – Circular 12/2017/TT-BGTVT, Dossier to change an expired class E driver's license includes:
- An application form for renewal of an expired class E driver's license.
- The vehicle driver's medical examination certificate issued by a competent medical facility, the period of medical examination within the past 6 months.
- Copy of expired Class E driver's license.
- Copy of identity card, or citizen's identity card, or valid passport for Vietnamese.
- Copy of valid passport for foreigners.
Where to apply for a driver's license
After preparing all the necessary documents, you can apply for an expired Class E driver's license at the Department of Transportation and Transport or the Directorate for Roads or at driving training and testing establishments. car.
During the complicated development of the Covid-19 epidemic, the City Driving Test & Training Center. Ho Chi Minh City has an additional online application support service, making it more convenient and safe for you to change the expired E-class driver's license.
Fee for exchanging expired Class E driver's license
According to Circular 188 / 2016 / TT-BTC, the fee for changing an expired class E driver's license is VND 135.000.
For driving class E cars as well as other types of cars, you will need to pay an additional fee for medical examination including drug test fee: 360.000 VND.
The time to return the result of changing the driver's license has expired
Time to change the expired Class E driver's license does not exceed 05 working days (excluding Saturday and Sunday) from the date of receipt of a complete application file as prescribed.
Note when applying for an expired driver's license
When going to change procedures for an expired class E driver's license, the driver needs to present the original driver's license, identity card, citizen identification card or passport for comparison.
The person changing the expired driver's license needs to go directly to the Department of Transport to take a photo to print on the newly issued driver's license.
When receiving a new driver's license, the old license will be cut off and returned to the driver for preservation. Drivers can use their old license while waiting for a new license.
Information about the new driver's license will be stored in the database of the Ministry of Transport. Drivers can check the information through the ministry's website.
Change your Driver's License at the City Driving Test & Training Center Center. Ho Chi Minh City
If you are living and working in Ho Chi Minh City, when your Class E driver's license is about to expire, come to us immediately. Central City Driving Test & Training Center. Ho Chi Minh City to change driver's license in time. Here, we provide the service of Changing an expired driver's license with many outstanding advantages such as:
- Simple procedures.
- Quick time.
- Commitment to pay the exchange fee with a package without additional costs, surcharges, ...
- Online profile support.
- Dedicated team of consultants, 24/24 support.
At the City Driving Test & Training Center. In Ho Chi Minh City, if your Class E driver's license has expired for more than 3 months, you can register for the driving test at the center with the package fee as follows:
For driver's license issued by the Department of Transport and Transport of Ho Chi Minh City. HCM issued:
- Driver's license overdue for more than 3 months-1 year: theory re-test fee 1.500.000 VND.
- Driver's license overdue for more than 1 year: re-test of theory and practice VND 2.500.000.
For driver's license issued by the Department of Transport and Transport of other provinces:
- Driver's license overdue for more than 3 months-1 year: theory re-test fee 1.800.000 VND.
- Driver's license overdue for more than 1 year: re-test of theory and practice VND 2.800.000.
Above is the information about Procedures & fees for changing class E driver's license expired that the City Driving Test & Training Center. provided by HCM. Hopefully, the article will make it easier and more convenient for you to change your driver's license. If you have any questions, please contact the hotline immediately, the center's consultant will answer and assist you as soon as possible.