Driver's license of C-class cars for how long? If the driver uses Expired driver's license If you are traveling on the road caught by the traffic police, you will be administratively sanctioned for not having a driver's license. And how to Expired Class C driver's license?
If you still do not know the information about the expiry date as well as Procedures and costs for changing C class driver's license, let's follow this article.
When does a Class C driver's license expire?
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Transport, class driver's license will have a shelf life of 5 years (from the date of license). When the driver's license expires, the driver must make an application to renew the driver's license in accordance with the law.
Related posts: Procedures & Fees for Expired Class B2 Driver's License
Cases of exchanging expired Class C driver's licenses
Depending on the expiration time of a class C driver's license, the procedure for applying for an extension will be different. Here are a few specific cases of changing an expired Class C driver's license:
- Drivers whose driver's license is overdue for less than 3 months or is still valid will be changed without having to review for the C-class driver's license test again.
- Drivers whose driver's license is overdue for 3 months to less than 1 year from the date of expiration must take a theory test to be re-issued.
- In case the driver's license is overdue for 1 year or more, it is mandatory to retake the theory and practical test.
To know if your driver's license is still valid, you can look up the expiration date at: https://www.driving license.gov.vn/default.aspx
Procedures for renewing an expired Class C driver's license
1. Change of C-class driver's license without retaking practice and theory tests
Expired Class C driver's license Under 3 months, the driver needs to prepare the following documents to apply for an extension.
- 1 application for issuance or replacement of a driving license according to regulations.
- 1 copy of the medical examination certificate at the examination facility or issued by a district-level health agency or higher.
- 1 copy of valid ID card/CCCD or passport.
- 1 copy of class C driver's license.
When submitting the application, the driver will be directly photographed by the driver's license agency (GPLX). Because that person wants to change his license, he has to submit the application himself.
2. Changing a C-class driver's license requires a practice and theory test
In case the Class C driver's license has expired for more than 3 months, the driver needs to prepare the following necessary documents:
- 1 application for re-issuance of a driver's license.
- 1 copy of ID card/CCCD or valid passport.
- 1 health certificate issued by a district hospital or higher.
- 1 copy of Expired Driver's License.
Wait 2 months after submitting a valid application, you can take the driving license test again. The exam content includes theory and practice or either.
Most Viewed Posts: Prestigious Class C Truck Driver's License Exam Course in HCMC
How much does it cost to change an expired class C driver's license?
Case Expired Class C driver's license No need to take the test, the driver only needs to pay 135.000 VND for the fee for re-issuance of the PET license.
In case of changing a class C driver's license to take a test, the driver needs to pay the following expenses:
- Driver's license theory test: 90.000 VND/time.
- Practical exam: Exam in the picture: 300.000 VND/time.
- Road test: 60.000 VND/time.
- Fee for re-issuance of PET: 135.000 VND.
How long does it take to re-issue a Class C driver's license?
According to the regulations of the Ministry of Transport, the time for re-issuance of a driver's license is 10 days at the latest from the date of submitting a complete and valid dossier or the date of completion of the test.
The old driver's license will be cut when the driver is re-issued with a new C-class driver's license. Except in case the driver owns a driving license issued by a foreign country, not from Vietnam.
Suggested article: 600 Theoretical Questions & Answers for Driving Test Latest
What is the penalty for an expired Class C driver's license but still driving?
Class C driver's license has expired but you still drive on the road, unfortunately, the traffic police detects the driver will be administratively sanctioned as follows:
- Driver's license overdue for less than 6 months: Fine from 400.000 VND to 600.000 VND.
- Driver's license that is overdue for 6 months or more or the driver's license is not suitable for the type of vehicle being driven: A fine of from VND 4.000.000 to VND 6.000.000.
Therefore, the driver needs to pay attention the expiry date of the driver's license for a timely deadline. In addition, it is necessary to pay attention to the procedures and costs of changing driver's license to comply with the law.
City Driving Test & Training Center. Ho Chi Minh City is a driving license training and testing unit under HO CHI MINH CITY DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION fully satisfy information on regulations, documents, issue-change of driver's license. The unit provides services with transparent costs, suitable for all types of students.
Hope the information about procedures and expenses Expired Class C driver's license fee in the article will be useful to you. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions!