PET (Polyethylene terephthalate) plastic driver's license has high mechanical strength, withstands tearing force - impact force, good abrasion resistance... while the old license (paperboard material) is easily torn and damaged.
So many people are in need change the old D-class driver's license to the new one, accompanied by questions about the conditions, procedures and fees for applying for an exchange. To better understand this case, please follow the information provided by the City Driving Test & Training School. HCM provided below.
Subjects and Cases of Change of Old Class D Driver's License to New
- Class D driver's license with damaged, expired, incorrect information of the license holder.
- If the old D-class driver's license is still valid, it can still be changed to a new one (optional).
- The old D-class driver's license is still valid / has expired for less than 3 months.
*** If the D-class driver's license is expired from 3 months to less than 1 year, the theory test must be re-examined; If the expiry date is over 1 year, the test will be re-tested for both theory and practice.
Procedures for Changing Class D Driver's License to Plastic Card
Prepare documents and procedures
The person who needs to change the D-class driver's license to a PET card shall make a set of documents including the following documents:
- Application for change of class D driver's license.
- The health certificate of the person who needs to change the driver's license is issued by a competent medical facility within the past 6 months.
- Copy of old class D driver's license, valid CCCD/ID card/passport.
Form and place of application
Submit directly at the Directorate for Roads of Vietnam or the Department of Transport (where the license has been issued/place where you live and work).
In this case, the person who needs to change the old D-class driver's license to the new one must go to the driver's license agency to take a photo directly. Upon arrival, you must present your driver's license, valid ID/CCCD/passport (original).
You submit your application according to the following process:
- Go to the instruction desk to get an application for a Class D driver's license, fill in all the information in the application and attach it to the file.
- Get the number and wait for your turn.
- When it's your turn, it's time to submit the application to change the old D-class driver's license to the new one at the application processing room.
- You are instructed to take a photo as a driver's license and receive an appointment to return the license.
- When it comes to the appointment date written on paper, you go to the result office to submit the appointment letter, bring your old driving license to cut the original and receive a new PET license.
Online declaration through the National Public Service Portal
When you submit your application change the old D-class driver's license to a new one through the National Public Service Portal (dichvucong.gov.vn/p/home/dvc-trang-chu.html), you follow the declared declaration and are responsible for the accuracy and legality of the declared content. When you come to receive a new driver's license, you must return your old driver's license for your records.
Fee for changing old class D driver's license to PET card
- The fee for changing an old class D driver's license to a new model is 135.000 VND/equal (Circular 188/2016/TT-BTC).
- In addition, the fee for a medical examination with the driver (including drug testing) is 360.000 VND/person (Circular 02/2017/TT-BYT).
Fast, Professional Service to Change Old D Driver's License to New (PET Plastic Card)
If you need to change the old model driver's license to the new one but don't have time to prepare the documents yourself, go through the procedures ... come to the driver's license exchange service of the City Driving School & Driving Test. HCM.
City Driving Test & Training School. HCM is supported by a large number of customers by:
- Simple procedures, fast.
- Only 10 days to have a degree in hand.
- The cost of exchange is affordable, all-inclusive, not incurred.
- Professional consulting and customer support staff - enthusiastic from preparing documents, completing procedures to receiving degrees.
Above is the information about exchange old D-class driver's license to PET card that the City Driving Test & Training School. Ho Chi Minh wants to share. Although the current law does not require changing a class D driver's license to a PET card, this is being encouraged because of the many advantages mentioned above.
Hopefully, it will help you better understand the conditions, documents, procedures ... so that the process of applying for a change will go smoothly. Any problems related to driver's license need support, please contact the City Driving Test & Training School. HCM for professional advice.