More than 6 million car accidents in the US will not happen if motorists are more knowledgeable about safe driving techniques! Did you know that experienced and professional drivers often have their own techniques to protect their safety even when on the road and on the track. The following article will give you some driving techniques. ”peak”From experts from which you can apply to keep yourself and your family safe on every trip.
Driving Techniques Can Save Your Life
1 / According to experts on safe driving, there are 4 levels of driving skills:
+ Level 1: A new driver
A driver can mainly focus on learning basic driving skills and road rules. They have little contact with reality, so they tend to react slowly and do not know the safe distance of stool.
+ Level 2: Good driver
They are people who have experienced traffic on the road. They drive better and don't fuss with normal handling. However, they still do not have much experience and good driving techniques.
+ Level 3: Experienced drivers
Experienced drivers can control the vehicle easily and sometimes take the initiative to break the law. Although these people are able to drive and predict the situation well, that does not mean they are a safe driver. Safe driving is a combination of skills, experience and attitude when driving
+ Level 4: Professional drivers
Driving becomes the natural activity of professional drivers. They fully understand their vehicle and all the necessary rules when driving. These people use the best technology to attend a situation or to avoid an accident. They have complete control of the vehicle and its surroundings and at all times.
2 / To Drive Safe, You Need To Note The Following Important Things:
A driver is well prepared.
Having the right attitude and methodical training is a good start, but there are many simple things that can help save your life. Here are some small adjustments you can make both before and while driving to ensure your safety:
+ Glass door: You should always leave the door in Full closed mode or fully open. If an accident occurs, a closed glass door can cause serious injury.
+ Hand: Put your hand on the steering wheel at 3 o'clock position and 9 o'clock will be safer than 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock
+ Car door lock: This not only helps you prevent car robberies but also protect you Do not be thrown out of the car in an accident 10 times higher than when the door was not locked.
+ Both parts of the seat belt must be properly worn: It is extremely unsafe to have chest straps under your arms. At the same time, the hip belt must be placed on the right waist, not on the abdomen. Once you wear your seat belt, you can change the star seat position to best suit the driver.
+ Only use the right foot: You should only use your right foot to brake. Braking with your left foot when you are in a panic can result in the wrong accelerator pedal and brakes at the same time, making it harder to use the vehicle again.
+ Reduce brightness: Reducing the brightness of lights on car clocks can help you to see things outside at night. However, don't set the brightness too low so you can still see the rot of the indicators on your watch.
Delegation and planning
An important part of driving is to attend to what can happen, so that you can be prepared when something goes wrong. Professional drivers always predict what might happen and they are prepared to avoid any potential trouble.
Possible situations on the road:
+ People crossing the road will not stop
+ Elderly people who go before you often brake for no reason
+ A crash in the front can slow you down in the back
+ If a driver turns to another direction without turning on the signal, the driver behind can turn the light on while going straight.
* NASCAR driver Kyle Busch says: " Respond quickly and look straight ahead to predict what is going to help you drive safer. I always find a solution for myself in each situation. If I'm running on the freeway and there are two other cars on either side, I will either press the throttle to get ahead or slow down to exit.
3 / The technique of hitting the steering wheel
Understanding this technique will help you hit the steering wheel more safely while protecting your arms and hands when the airbag inflates. Use this technique to avoid playing with your hands.
+ The technique of hitting the steering wheel diagonally when turning right:
- Step 1: Pull down the steering wheel with your right hand
- Step 2: Release your right hand and lift the steering wheel with your left hand
- Step 3: Raise your right hand high to grab the steering wheel and continue down
- Step 4: Repeat
+ Roadcraft techniques
Roadcraft is a system used by professional drivers to help make quick decisions when approaching a road hazard. The system divides the necessary actions reasonably so that the driver can perform easily and without confusion.
Location: A good driving position is a safe driving position, good visibility and the right lane
Speed: Adjust the speed accordingly when having trouble on the road. Adjust the throttle brakes so the car can stop at a safe distance.
Enter Number: Should put the number in the appropriate position to be able to control the car effectively overcome dangerous situations in some.
Acceleration: Speed up to get out of dangerous situation safely
4 / Control your car.
Understanding how to operate a vehicle is extremely important. Every driver should know how to prevent losing control and what to do if this is the case.
5 / Professional driving techniques:
Snow and mud:
+ Brakes in a straight line
+ Hold the crabs with the gas pedal
+ Speed up when passing a curve
When driving on a snowy, muddy, you Should drive near the edge of the road where sand, rocks are heavily cast to always control the car well
Do not follow another vehicle, this can reduce traction and engine traction.
If you drive in the right track, you will create more ice due to the snow being compressed and melting.
For slippery roads:
Every car responds differently in these conditions, so please understand which vehicle you are driving
+ Wide-width tires are more likely to encounter Hydroplane phenomenon ( loss of steering and control of stock brakes with a layer of water separating the contact between the wheel and the road) when sugar is wet. Therefore, you should actively steer, do not use the brakes in this case.
+ To stabilize the car, you need to actively steer the car to return to the safe position, absolutely do not step on the gas pedal or brake while the vehicle is skidding, when the car is level again, step on the brake or gas pedal. appropriately, as the case may be.
+ When you lose control of a manual transmission, remember to "pedal hard on both clutches". This will help you lock all four wheels, prevent the machine from being stuck and help the car stop completely.
6 / Brake techniques
There are many effective braking methods, but not really the driver also realized. Some models can help with braking when the vehicle loses control, but most do not. Therefore, understanding your vehicle's brakes combined with proper braking techniques in emergency situations will be a decisive factor between life and death.
+ Brake by threshold
+ Cake lock
+ ABS brakes (Anti-lock braking system)
+ Braking to the beat
Brake technique to the beat
Rhythmic braking is a professional driving technique that allows the vehicle to brake and steer on slippery surfaces, giving the driver maximum time to check the danger ahead.
- Step 1: Depress the brake pedal until the wheels are brake
- Step 2: Reduce the braking force until the wheels are able to grip the road and return
- Step 3: Step on the brakes vigorously for the second time, then release the brake again to get the wheels back
- Step 4: Repeat this process until the vehicle is completely back in or no longer in danger
If your vehicle is equipped with anti-lock braking system ABS, this braking process will be performed fully automatically
Threshold braking technique
Threshold braking is a racing technique, but it can also be applied on the street. The optimum braking force is generated when the wheel starts to skid, the braking after this point will make the wheel slip and reduce the "wheel" wheel on the road. If your car has the optimum skid, the braking force as well as the "wheel" phenomenon will be greatly reduced.
- Step 1: Step on the brake as usual
- Step 2: Increase the brake pedal force gradually until the wheels are locked
- Step 3: Reduce the braking force a little so that the wheel regains traction and does not slip.
If your vehicle is forced to cycle through a collision at high speed, this technique will help the driver decelerate quickly while keeping control of the steering wheel.
7 / Escape from the risk of collision.
* Warning: These driving techniques should only be used when in danger, and should not be used to escape police pursuit. Drivers need to practice these skills before putting them into practice on the road.
The following are techniques to help a driver avoid a crash or avoid making an accident more serious. These driving techniques will help drivers to avoid an accident or escape a dangerous situation ahead safely.
Understanding how to give a double or double can help you climb quickly to escape an avalanche or mountain slide. The technology of cornering can also help you to turn around quickly to escape the dangers encountered on the road.
Technology hugging the word chi (Hairpin): These bends often appear on steep mountain passes. A curve of a chi can bend to 180 degrees
- Step 1: Brakes in a straight line
- Step 2: Release the brake before it is cheap
- Step 3:Turn gently to a sharp corner (center of the curve)
- Step 4: Accelerate to get out of the bend as quickly as possible
Technical hug double word:
- Step 1: Brakes in a straight line
- Step 2: Release the brake before turning
- Step 3: Turn slowly to sharp corners
- Step 4: After exiting the first corner, slowly move into the opposite lane. If you drive too fast, it may make it harder for the vehicle to pull the second corner.
Driving Bootleger technique: Drivers can change their direction by 180 degrees between 2 lanes without stopping.
- Step 1: Quickly enter the low gear (usually number 2)
- Step 2: Quickly turn the steering wheel to the opposite lane
- Step 3: Step on the brake
- Step 4: The car enters the opposite lane and completely reverses direction
- Step 5: The car stopped completely. Then increase the throttle and move forward.
- Step 1: Back up
- Step 2: Acceleration 24 - 32 km / h
- Step 3: Put your hands on the steering wheel at 2 and 8 o'clock
- Step 4: Quickly release the throttle and spin the steering wheel (at least ½ round)
- Step 5: Hit the steering wheel quickly in the opposite direction. The car will start spinning but still in control.
The ability to use Bootleger or J-turn allows you to escape an emergency situation extremely quickly.
All of these professional driving techniques are intended to help you become a more experienced and insightful driver. Hopefully the next time you drive on the road, you will use these safe driving techniques.